Saratoga campus framework for gsc
randall campus framework for gsc
PUMP IT UP AND GET THE STEM EXCITEMENT ROLLING!
Our schedule for the Great STEM Challenge at each campus has been released, as well as a Google Form to get some volunteers locked in (click on link).
We are looking for carpenters to help us build a few extra competition ramps as well... currently we have 6 or 7 and we would like to optimally be running about 5-6 ramps per site. Thinking about the fact that if we have some pretty SLOW-ROLLERS, we can not use that ramp, until they are done.
WE WILL NEED:
- volunteers to run the stations
- stop watches (roughly 10)
- 1 device per station for data-entry
- rubber bands (I have 2,000... we're good)
- ENERGY! (you bring that!!)
- driving fund-raising via conversations and pumping up STEM-spirit!
- contents in the bottle may vary, but must be non-flammable and non-toxic
- bottle does not need to be filled 100%, but does need to be able to close fully with the cap sealed
- a standard 2-liter bottle is all that is allowed (larger or smaller will be disqualified)
- rubber bands will be provided the day of the contest
- only participants who have raised funds are eligible to win the grand prize, or other prizes
- students may participate, even if they do not raise funds, to enjoy the competition and engineering-challenge
- only one coat of non-abrasive/non-stick paint may be applied to exterior, to hide contents (multiple layers, or alternative residues or exteriors will be disqualified)
- ramps are approximately 8 feet long, 16-inches wide and approximately 30 inches high at the top/starting point
- SLOW-ROLL bottles must move at least 1-2 mm every 10 seconds, or timer will stop the "roll-time"
- total time will be calculated and documented... winning times will be shared out at PEP RALLY, at day's end, at both campuses
- the main idea is to have fun... SO HAVE A BLAST DOING THIS and WORK AS A TEAM/FAMILY!
Stay cool... stay ahead of the curve... STAY STEM!